By Barry G. Fowler, EA on 2014-06-19
Recently, the IRS formally adopted the Taxpayer Advocate’s proposal, to renew the focus on protecting the rights of taxpayers in all of their dealings with the IRS.
We have broken them down the top 10 rights you have as a taxpayer.
1. You have the Right to be informed meaning you will be sent letters.
2. The Right to Quality Service
3. The right to pay no More than the Correct Amount of tax
4. The Right to Challenge the IRS’s Position and be heard.
5. The Right to Appeal an IRS Decision in an Independent Forum
6. The Right to Finality which means The IRS generally has three years from the date your return was filed to assess the tax and ten years from the assessment date to collect unpaid taxes from you.
7. The Right to Privacy
8. The right to Confidentiality
9. The Right to Retain Representation You may select the attorney’s, CPA, or enrolled agent of Taxation Solutions to represent you against the IRS. Then IRS cannot require that you to talk to them.
10. The Right to a Fair and Just Tax System Including Access to the Taxpayer Advocate service.
Contact us today for a free consultation (888) 930-1016 on how we can assist you with settling your back taxes with the IRS.